Search the forum,

Discuss How many miles has your van done? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

peteablard

TF
Arms
Reaction score
So....when you renew your van insurance how many miles do you quote to the Ins Comp?????.....just had the car MOT'd and on the printout it now states the mileage for the last 3 years......just me being cynical...but to me...if you have to make a claim....and the figures don't match up......another reason to reject your claim????????

I tell them about 30k per year which is about right. I'm always straight with insurance companies, hopefully I'll never need to use them but if I do I don't want to give them any excuse not to pay out.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Crikey that's some going!

Geoff is winning with 175k currently, where's Andy Allen? His van doesn't even need taxing anymore it's that old :lol:

Ha bloody ha.........my van may have been arround when the dinosours roamed the earth, or tj was a teenager, but its only done 102,000 miles, had 35,000 on it when i bought it 10 years, trouble with 1998 transits is the body work rusts and fall apart before the engine gives out, the mot up in april, so will need to get another van before then, may splash out on a 1999 model......lol

D

Deleted member 9966

I don't have a van but my vectra has the same engine as the Vivaro and it's just about to tip 157k miles. I bought it with 138k on it 2 years ago, when it was 4 years old.

I

ian158

131k and still love driving it..

Attachments

• IMG_2272.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 73

cam_low

TF
Reaction score
coming up 120k this week on a 52 plate transit. Contemplating a new van but Id be real uneasy in leaving it parked on some of the jobs as people will quite happily scrape down the side of it and drive off.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
Well this thread jinxed me. Just spent the last two hours changing my alternator belt. I say changing. Half the job was done for me as it splut and frayed everywhere. Done a lovely job of wrapping itself round all the pulleys.
Its quite a heavy van liaded uo that dispatch. Although you don't realiee it until this happens on approach to a large and busy roundabout!

I

Ian

Well this thread jinxed me. Just spent the last two hours changing my alternator belt. I say changing. Half the job was done for me as it splut and frayed everywhere. Done a lovely job of wrapping itself round all the pulleys.
Its quite a heavy van liaded uo that dispatch. Although you don't realiee it until this happens on approach to a large and busy roundabout!

How fat are your fingers Ali? Or are you typing on a blackberry :lol:

Reply to How many miles has your van done? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen