Search the forum,

Discuss Grout line cracking in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

B

Bradma9

H all iv recently re tiled the whole of my bathroom floor and wall. Iv now noticed that the grout has started to crack where the floor meets the wall.
I put 6mm no more ply down onto the boards followed by a flexible rapid set adhesive with porcelain tiles.
Does anyone know why this coud be cracking the grout inbetween the tiles is good just on the edge.
many thanks
brad

W

White Room

I allways silicone floor/wall joints, there allways seems to be movement and as you have proven cracking happens...

D

DHTiling

Hi.. The floor to wall transition is classed as an expansion joint , hence as above it should be siliconed to allow movement..

B

Bradma9

Thank you for your advice, this was my first every attempt hence not knowing something as simple as that!
Thank you

Reply to Grout line cracking in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Tiling my en-suite was part of a larger build project. The builder subcontracted the tiler who...
Replies
Views
Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views
Hi there - I’m hoping to get some advice. I’m a builder, based in Melbourne, Australia. I’ve...
Replies
Views
We recently finished a bathroom renovation where the two builders who did the bathroom also did...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen