Search the forum,

Discuss First epoxy grout job in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

grumpygrouter

I recently completed my first epoxy grouting job. I have to say I found the experience quite a good one to be honest.

I used BAL Easypoxy in white and contrary to my expectations, I found it easy to use and quite easy to clean off, with only a minor amount of emulsifying to do the next day to clean off the bits I had missed first time around.

I have put a couple of pics in my floor gallery if anybody wants to have a nosey at what it came out like.

F

faithhealer

Only done a small area so far in epoxy, paid about a tenner for a kg. must work out pricey for even a splashback type area? How much did you mix / grout at a time russ

G

grumpygrouter

Only done a small area so far in epoxy, paid about a tenner for a kg. must work out pricey for even a splashback type area? How much did you mix / grout at a time russ
I mixed 1kg at a time, sadly I miscalculated the requirements slightly because of the tile thickness/adhesive depth and was actually 2 tiles short and I had allowed 2 tubs. Needed to get a third tub for the last bit which meant there was quite a bit of waste from the last tub.

I was paid handsomely for the grouting bit!!

G

grumpygrouter

What made them go for the epoxy grout Russ
Me! The customer was insistant he wanted white grout on the floor so I told him because it would look grubby in no time, that epoxy was the way to go because it is much easier to keep clean. Told him I wasn't going to use normal white on the floor so if he wanted white it was going to be epoxy....and it would be more expensive!

F

faithhealer

I've got a couple of small en suites to do but they want the floors in 1inch mosaics, daren't think how much the grout would cost them in epoxy!!

A

Alberta Stone

I've got one to do later this week in biscuit color using mapei kerepoxy.

Last edited by a moderator:
B

BDS

never used epoxy grout yet,is it hard to use as i`ve been informed or is the easypoxy stuff better

Reply to First epoxy grout job in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Unfortunately the tiler did not follow the manufactures instructions for mixing up the two part...
Replies
Views
Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
I recently got several loose/hollow tiles rebonded on my bathroom floor. Having left with...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen