Search the forum,

Discuss dot and dab in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Ste450

so you do all the joinery and plastering and still dot and dab...
I'm gobsmacked now pal!

Go and build a stud wall, better still go try and find absolutely perfect timber, then come back to me. I prefer to do it the way I do because I get better results and better adhesion :)

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Ste450

That's what I was thinking...lol
You reel off a list of things you do yet you can't prep a wall or floor for tiling using a notched trowel....lol
That's what I was thinking...lol
You reel off a list of things you do yet you can't prep a wall or floor for tiling using a notched trowel....lol

Timber walls are almost never true, were talking 5-10mm here. So I'd much prefer to use this method and get that 5-10mm out than just go with. Go and get your level and test every 'timber' stud wall and I can almost guarantee that 99% will be untrue, to those parameters at least. You can manipulate a tile better when you spot dab it, it takes a little longer but I find you get better adhesion and better results.

Last edited by a moderator:

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Ok so enough is enough!!
You can have as many lively discussions about techniques as you like, we all enjoy that.
However, what I will not witness is a personal slanging match, period!
You want to play like that, go do it on FB!
This is a public forum, and I will not have you making the forum look like a joke, you're supposed to be professionals, act like it.
You have to go and spoil it, twas fun while it lasted.
But, I'm a bit pissedd of with ste and local, I'm being put out a bit, I'm the cooking trouble maker on here ;)

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Not all wet room formers have a weeping hole. In fact most don't.
It depends on the manufacture, as to weather you silicone or grout around the waste fitting. As a rule of thumb, the ones that are physically bonded in, can be grouted. But the the height adjustable ones, that come with a former to tile to. These normally require a silicone, or other flexible medium to fix it in place.

Reply to dot and dab in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen