Discuss Best Moisture Board & Mapeii adhesive in the UK Tiling Forum | Tile Advice Forum area at TilersForums.com

Reaction score
I am just about to have a bathroom renovation done and have been reading about different plasterboards. My first question is what board would be suitable for larger tiles 120 x 60 and should it just be cement board or although more expensive, marine ply? Or do you have a better suggestion? The walls are going back to brick and being coated in liquid plastic before boards are put up.
My second question is, using mapeii products which adhesive for the size tile would you guys recommend?

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Supporter
Arms
Reaction score
Ahh, I get it, this would go directly on the brick and then a board to be affixed as usual, not sure what board but one that would be able to take the weight
Any poly core cement faced board will accept a lot of weight. Check with manufacturers on fixing methods. Most are screw and washer fixing or dowels

Upvote 0

Reply to Best Moisture Board & Mapeii adhesive in the UK Tiling Forum | Tile Advice Forum area at TilersForums.com

Similar threads

• Question
Good morning, I've used this site a number of times for tiling info and have always found it really useful, but this time I wanted to post a question before I start a tiling job. I am about to start work on our en-suite shower. I need to remove the old tiles and (no idea what is under there i'm...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi all, please bare with me as I am a plasterer by trade but quite handy round the house. I want to tile my hallway with some new slick white tiles and follow straight through into the kitchen. Now I have done this many years ago at my old place with ply wood base but have never used these...
Replies
Views
  • Solved
I’ve just had my bathroom renovated by a chap recommended by my neighbour.Firstly he quoted by day abs said it would take 10 days! It took 22 so labour cost was £4000I’ve had him come back because the floor tiles are moving and grout cracked. He re grouted using silicone Now a tile has fallen...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, im looking for some advice please on what correct adhesives and tanking to use in regards to my small and (to me) quite complex bathroom renovation. Btw im a chippie/dryliner by trade but have done a few small tiling jobs before like kitchen splashbacks etc. Basically 2 of the walls are...
Replies
Views
  • Solved
We are in the process of renovating our 3 bathrooms. One wet room (walk-in shower), one with a bath, and one with a shower tray. They have done the job whilst we were away on holiday and when we returned, two of the bathrooms were tiled and grouted, the third one wasn't grouted so we were able...
Replies
Views
Tiling Courses
Workwear for Tradesmen
Mapei Tile Adhesive and Grout
uHeat
The Wetroom Store for all Wetroom Installations
Nicobond Tile Adhesives and Grout

Latest 10

Thanks for visiting TilersForums.com, formerly known as TilersForums.co.uk.

Search Forum