Search the forum,

Discuss Bct, Laura Ashley, Mr Jones floor tiles discoloured after a few weeks in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Is it the adhesive coming up through the tile maybe?

A

Al875319

Thanks for all the replies. That's really helpful and rather shocking that this happens. Do you have any recommendations for decent brands that do proper floor tiles in this sort of style? Several of our local tile shops have these displayed as floor tiles so I am reluctant to ask them!

Albert

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies. That's really helpful and rather shocking that this happens. Do you have any recommendations for decent brands that do proper floor tiles in this sort of style? Several of our local tile shops have these displayed as floor tiles so I am reluctant to ask them!
Have a look in CTD

D

Deleted member 51507

Laura Ashley Tile Mr Jones
From British ceramic tiles
2nd fix off the same tile same issue not glazed discoloured one of their reps admitted that there has been a misfiring issue with the kiln shocking that they are still selling then

View attachment 100909
Did you get this resolved with British Ceramic Tile. I have got this problem, within matter of days most of tiles got darker. Only 3 or 4 nice and white. I complained and today told me not their responsibility. I have told homebase I want a refund so waiting to hear.
Disgusting they can sell these.

Reaction score
Yeah we did, first of we had it redone and they paid, but it happened again so we settled for a pay out and went elsewhere it was tile giant that sorted it out for us after a long time and many complaints in the end we wrote the CEO of tile giant and we went for these which are porcelain

15442546060921943354406827696823.jpg

D

Deleted member 51507

Love those, where are those from?

That's what I want to do, I want a refund and some compensation if possible. I don't want any more as clearly not fit for purpose. BCT are saying will only replace loose ones but the floor is all laid so I am going to tell Homebase they must refund me regardless.
It sounds incredible when you say a floor tile is getting darker after laying but that literally is what is happening to most of them.
Thank you for replying .

Reply to Bct, Laura Ashley, Mr Jones floor tiles discoloured after a few weeks in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
  • Article
123 Year Old Johnson Tiles Factory to Close Down Causing 110 Job Losses 123 Year Old Johnson...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen