Search the forum,

Discuss 900x150 Porcelain Planks Spacer Size in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

P

ProPrecisionTiling

Hello All,

Looking for a little bit of advice for an upcoming job...

900x150 porca planks - what spacer size would you use? 3mm, 5mm or other? Customer wanted them laid in half brick bond but have advised should go for 3/4 running bond to help avoid bowwing/lippage issues. Don't see too many 900's around here, so what spacer size would you go for?

Cheers

P

ProPrecisionTiling

Looks like 2mm is the shout - cheers lads. Never gone below 3mm on floors before, that rule a bit of amyth then?

G

GoneGuy

Not necessarily it’s 3mm for floor by British standards I think ( I’m sure someone will correct me ).
Plus if the tile is bevelled edge using 2mm will give an appearance of 3mm once grouted

P

ProPrecisionTiling

Not necessarily it’s 3mm for floor by British standards I think ( I’m sure someone will correct me ).
Plus if the tile is bevelled edge using 2mm will give an appearance of 3mm once grouted

Yeah 3mm is BS standard and always followed that. But in your experience 2mm is more than okay as well? I see the benefit in using 2mm. I will make a decision when I get my hands on the tiles

G

GoneGuy

Yes 2mm is ok as long as substrate is solid etc.
I’ve even gone down to 1mm in a small area

O

On one

30mm for me.
Seen a few plank floors where 2mm spacers have used and it ''just didn't look right''

L

LM

2mm for me, but I do wonder if you’ve use levelling clips before? Perhaps you have but if not this job is the ideal scenario for them.

Reply to 900x150 Porcelain Planks Spacer Size in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen