Search the forum,

Discuss 900x150 Porcelain Planks Spacer Size in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

P

ProPrecisionTiling

Thanks for the replies everyone looks like a toss-up between 2 or 3mm then.

Probably go 2mm as it appears the British Standards are a bit outdated and a lot of you are disregarding them anyway! Ha. My only worry was they were there for a reason but it seems pros are having no issues with 2mm (or even smaller)

D

Dumbo

Why do people believe bs needs updating as my understanding was 3mm grout joint was to help allow a modicum of movement in the instalation and nothing to do with the quality of the sizing and shape of the tiles . As @Simon Dale mentioned earlier today customer wants 1mm joints can he do it , i expect so , is it wise different story . I know its one extreme to another but i am highlighting a point. Please educate me if I am wrong

I

Italy

I do not understand why there are still the BS rules,
when there are the latest UNI 11493 standards available,
written by all European associations, including BS.
Uni 11493 says:
IN NO EVENT SHALL BE PRESCRIBED OR ADOPTED ONE
WIDTH LOWER 2 MM.
appendix recently added,
difference between large and small sizes, given that
the structural movement of large format slabs is much more
accentuated of small sizes due to lower rows of grouting
it is advisable to be 3mm wide. (Advisable).

peace be with you, amen. ;)

Reply to 900x150 Porcelain Planks Spacer Size in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen