Search the forum,

Discuss What do you use for battens when wall tiling? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

brian c

Darren at NETT sells them but im sure Neil at BUYBRANDTOOLS.COM will be able to sort you out with a set.

when i do use battens i use 2X1 FROM b&q.

B

bearwithme

i use plasterboards. include 1 or 2 in the price and take 2/3 " strips off either side. gives me a nice straight edge.
kept having to trawl through wood at bandq to find stuff that wasnt slightly warped. u shaped brackets sounds a good idea though:thumbsup:

R

rossy

i have seen the brackets thought they might just be a gimic are they good and steady...

G

GazTech

I designed tubular square steel sectional battens various lengths which interlocked.I pre drilled them so they could be nailed...I.had an engineering mate make them for me.....very handy.....Gaz

T

TONY

I use 2+1 battens from travis perkins 45p per metre come in 3 to 4 metre lengths just cut to the size you want:thumbsup:

I

IvegotsTILE

I use several different methods,I have the rubi stands which are good but only go to a certain height,2+1 bfrom B&Q,the straight edges of plasterboards as previously said and the one I use the most is metal channeling that I picked up from a building site,a few different lengths and their pre-drilled.I find these are by far the best method,very straight and strong.

Reply to What do you use for battens when wall tiling? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen