Discuss Tile size for wall and floor ? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
I'm about to turn the bathroom into a wetroom and was wondering about tile sizes.
The room's about 3.5m square and I'm using Trav tiles, the mrs likes some 305 x 457mm tiles and I was wondering if they would look ok on the walls and floor and what config would look best.
If this is not advisable any alternatives would be much appreciated.
Also I was going to use a small pebble mosaic in the shower area, is this ok ?
Thanks in advance for your advice.
Os

Reaction score
The walls are plaster on brick ext and plaster on block int.
The walls will be correctly boarded to take the tile weight.

Reaction score
Thx for the mosaic advice whitebeam, what are the problems with the pebble mosaic's ? (wife really likes them !!)
Also would using the same 305 x 457mm Trav tiles on the floor and walls be ok (it's taken ages to source a walnut travertine that we like)
Would you set the wall tiles landscape and how would the floor tiles go in relation to the wall ones.
Thx for the advice
Os

D

diamondtiling

I have seen pebbles used in a shower area and they looked very nice.
Your setting out is down to personal taste, I like brickbond myself.

:thumbsup:

Reaction score
Thx for responses, big question still remains unanswered though, is it ok to use the same size tile on both the walls and floor (305 x 457mm).
If so, what might look nice regarding arrangement, ie. landscape on walls and line grout lines up through floor ??
Any advice would be greatfully received as I'm needing to order the tiles and if it's ok to have same size on floor and walls I'll use the same tile.
If anyone thinks this will look odd, what alternative sizes would work ?
Ta
Os

D

diamondtiling

It wont look odd, as said earlier it is a personal choice that you need to make. Your tiles can be used on the walls and floor.

Reply to Tile size for wall and floor ? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello I'm new to tiling my first flooring job it's 42sqm in 600x 200 floor tiles (wood effect)...
Replies
Views
Looking for some technical advice on these tiles please. Our installers fitted this CaPietra...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Hoping that once again I can get some good advice on here, you were invaluable when...
Replies
Views
Hi, 1st time tiling, decided our ensuite would benefit from being a wetroom. Quick question, any...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Marley