Discuss TEKCEM FIBRE what needed to porcelain tile in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
hello new here but wished i had found and asked before screed and ufh down but here goes.
We have an extension (9m by 6.2m) which has a standard slab been down for 4 months, and then insulation in quick drying screed, the existing part has a slightly friable slab with approx 20mm of latex self levelling screed, then low profile ufh in TEKCEM fibre over both new and old. Ive commissioned the ufh as per tekcems instructions. The ufh people had allowed 15mm for 10mm tile and adhesive to take it upto bifold thresholds and no mention of anti frag mat, tiler said he would advise putting one in.
Any advice intending to put in 1200 by 200 10mm porcelain planks.
ps girlfriend wants me to shell out for professional but budget tight could a pretty good diyer lay this to ok standard?

Tile Marble Granite

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
You can give it a try. 1200 by 200 10mm porcelain planks are a pain to install. You will need a perfect screed/slab, embed them 100% in a good tile adhesive. Follow the manufacturer instructions, offset the joints as recommended. It can be done!

Reaction score
You can give it a try. 1200 by 200 10mm porcelain planks are a pain to install. You will need a perfect screed/slab, embed them 100% in a good tile adhesive. Follow the manufacturer instructions, offset the joints as recommended. It can be done!
cheers any thoughts on need for frag mat and have seen they are 0.7 to 0.85mm but i believe set in adhesive so thicker? If i put in mat how much depth does it take up, i would need to fit it all in 15mm?

Reaction score
thanks, but can i fit it in my depth, i have approx 15mm maybe 16mm from screed to edge of bifold doors frame so cant be over that?

Reaction score
thanks, but can i fit it in my depth, i have approx 15mm maybe 16mm from screed to edge of bifold doors frame so cant be over that?
With a 10mm deep porcelain on a flat subfloor 16mm should be total height minimum from subfloor to top of tile inc. Ditra matting.

Tile Marble Granite

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Last edited:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not sure it's suitable for all cases where decoupling membranes and anticrack mats although sound the same aren't for the same circumstances all the time. I'll have to check tomorrow.

But you cant spare 2mm? Your floor is going to undulate more than that itself.

Reaction score
yes will undulate but would like to make sure i can fit level or lower than bifold threshold, ive now gone all along the threshold and the depth to latex screed with ufh in varies from 15mm to 18mm only little bit at one end 15mm, i thought maybe i could sand that down so i have at least 16mm all the way, then could i fit dita 3mm laid depth?, 3mm adhesive? and 10mm tile, or if bal is ok i wouldnt have a bit more room?

Reply to TEKCEM FIBRE what needed to porcelain tile in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks