Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Photos of your work! - Professional Wall and Floor Tiling Pictures (2018 Private Arms Thread) in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
66 too high, another between 1 and 50.

I

Italy

House where i was working yesterday were having Italian lessons when I left yesterday . So I thought I would be clever and said cazzo as I left as this is the only Italian I know from you . Was it a good word for goodbye .
it was better if you said vaffanculo...:)

smokie899

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
My own gaff. This job near killed me as my defibrillator went off half way through it. Hence why 4 months later there is still a bit to finish.
Ps never using level clips again. Have done a better job without them
IMG_20190322_103933-912x684.jpg
IMG_20190322_103926-912x684.jpg

smokie899

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
IMG_20190322_125022-684x912.jpg
IMG_20190322_125022-684x912.jpg
Can you tell us a bit about the skirting

I-lumos from Hartington Heath. Cheap and good quality. They were the only led lights I could find with a continuous flow of light. 8x16mm and come in any length from 1m up. For out door so coated in a very thick hard silicone which made them a pain to work with.
Can only be cut in 1m lengths as well.
Just wanted something different and I love lights as a decorative feature.
Lights were 16mm deep which was a problem but wanted the clear light part sitting out in the tile.
Just split tile, stuck bottom half in and any end tiles which couldn't be split, then glued lights in with sticks like rubbish turbo as needed fast setting because the lights were all out of shape. Had to prop and then hold some parts for 20mins lol. Stuck top tile on (tiles were bedded in with 4x 3mm tile spacers, one in each corner, so I could get a flat level finish) and just got 14mm tile trim to cover it.
Had to make all my own connectors mind then wired it up to a dimmer switch run off an adjoining socket. They were to bright to do with out a dimmer tbh. Put my head away at the start but now I know how, it's easy done. Just the 1m cuts only is annoying.

G

GoneGuy

View attachment 105550 View attachment 105550

I-lumos from Hartington Heath. Cheap and good quality. They were the only led lights I could find with a continuous flow of light. 8x16mm and come in any length from 1m up. For out door so coated in a very thick hard silicone which made them a pain to work with.
Can only be cut in 1m lengths as well.
Just wanted something different and I love lights as a decorative feature.
Lights were 16mm deep which was a problem but wanted the clear light part sitting out in the tile.
Just split tile, stuck bottom half in and any end tiles which couldn't be split, then glued lights in with sticks like rubbish turbo as needed fast setting because the lights were all out of shape. Had to prop and then hold some parts for 20mins lol. Stuck top tile on (tiles were bedded in with 4x 3mm tile spacers, one in each corner, so I could get a flat level finish) and just got 14mm tile trim to cover it.
Had to make all my own connectors mind then wired it up to a dimmer switch run off an adjoining socket. They were to bright to do with out a dimmer tbh. Put my head away at the start but now I know how, it's easy done. Just the 1m cuts only is annoying.
@Schlüter-Systems Ltd have a light system liprotec which might be worth you looking at.

Reply to Photos of your work! - Professional Wall and Floor Tiling Pictures (2018 Private Arms Thread) in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcgtech
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks