Discuss Grouting colour not white argghhhhhhhh in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

Crumbs

hi, done some grouting today and upon drying - sections look greyish (meant to be white!!)- up close its hard to notice it but it is definently grey from a distance. I used powdered mapei grout, though i think my mixture likely had a little to much water in it maybe as i've noticed some cracking.

Any ideas what may cause the colour to be greyish? I am thinking of raking it out and going with a tubbed version like this Mapei Waterproof Fix & Grout White 1.5kg - http://www.NoLinksToThis/p/mapei-waterproof-fix-grout-white-1-5kg/64982

Would that be okay to use just for the grouting? Thanks lads :D:cool:

C

Crumbs

Ive attached a pic. I think its properly to much water then as its more grey at the start then goes white which is likely when i added more powder.

I left it 15 mins before i washed it, problem im finding is the time scales - as a novice i cant get it all up quickly and find where i start is drying before ive finshed and it still needs to dry at the end - then confusing how to do the sponging. Thats what i was thinking using tubbed as i have time more on my hand and not having to worry about the mixture drying up to much.

What are the reasons to not using tubbed grout? Appreciated it cheers

grout.jpg

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Grouting colour not white argghhhhhhhh in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views
Help! Advice needed please! I am in the middle of a bathroom renovation that my partner is...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views
Hi - any advice would be gratefully received. The colour of the grout in my bathroom varies...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views

DIY Tiling Advice Forum

Trending DIY Tiling Forum Threads

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB