Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss First tiling job after my course with UKPTT in the Tiling Courses - Tile Workshops area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

James De

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Thank you to everybody for all your help, it’s much appreciated. I’ll post some pics once I’m done, unless I completely F it up that is :D:confused::eek:

James De

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
So...
I boarded all the walls today (pretty much every single bit of render collapsed so had to board every wall).

The brick was so uneven I tried my best to get the boards even (CTD only had 1200mm boards in so had to jigsaw a few together) but on some of the joints there is a couple mm difference, and where the boards meet the good render there are lips and dips.

What’s the best thing to do to even everything out? I’ve had to feather one wall with adhesive as there was a massive dip between boards.

Thanks in advance!

W

Waluigi

If you’re meeting boards against render on the same wall then there is your issue. It might’ve been better to spend extra time and hack off every last piece of render and board the lot. All you can do is use Adhesive to flatten things up really.

When doing the prep with tiling it’s important to spend the time prepping everything perfectly because even small things that aren’t quite right can become quite large compromises once you reach the tiling stage.

If you haven’t already then get yourself a featherdge or two. Level things off nicely. I’m sure it’ll be fine. All the best

James De

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
If you’re meeting boards against render on the same wall then there is your issue. It might’ve been better to spend extra time and hack off every last piece of render and board the lot. All you can do is use Adhesive to flatten things up really.

When doing the prep with tiling it’s important to spend the time prepping everything perfectly because even small things that aren’t quite right can become quite large compromises once you reach the tiling stage.

If you haven’t already then get yourself a featherdge or two. Level things off nicely. I’m sure it’ll be fine. All the best
Yeah I’ve got a feather edge. I’ll spend today sorting it all out. Cheers Walugi

James De

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Any pics ?
Ok.. I’m prob gonna regret this but here goes :eek:

E1D45F4B-CE3E-49D0-972A-88DDAA7964CA.jpeg C0AA9F3E-6677-441C-B42C-2AA832200CDD.jpeg A0E248C2-4659-42D2-A336-17BEF9517D01.jpeg

W

Waluigi

Looks good to me:thumbsup:

You have a willingness to learn which is what it’s all about.

James De

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
I’ve made a schoolboy error of starting with a full tile in the corner though :confused: idiot!!!! Won’t make that mistake again!

Reply to First tiling job after my course with UKPTT in the Tiling Courses - Tile Workshops area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks