Search the forum,

Discuss First tiling job after my course with UKPTT in the Tiling Courses area at TilersForums.com.

James De

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Thank you to everybody for all your help, it’s much appreciated. I’ll post some pics once I’m done, unless I completely F it up that is :D:confused::eek:

James De

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
So...
I boarded all the walls today (pretty much every single bit of render collapsed so had to board every wall).

The brick was so uneven I tried my best to get the boards even (CTD only had 1200mm boards in so had to jigsaw a few together) but on some of the joints there is a couple mm difference, and where the boards meet the good render there are lips and dips.

What’s the best thing to do to even everything out? I’ve had to feather one wall with adhesive as there was a massive dip between boards.

Thanks in advance!

W

Waluigi

If you’re meeting boards against render on the same wall then there is your issue. It might’ve been better to spend extra time and hack off every last piece of render and board the lot. All you can do is use Adhesive to flatten things up really.

When doing the prep with tiling it’s important to spend the time prepping everything perfectly because even small things that aren’t quite right can become quite large compromises once you reach the tiling stage.

If you haven’t already then get yourself a featherdge or two. Level things off nicely. I’m sure it’ll be fine. All the best

James De

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
If you’re meeting boards against render on the same wall then there is your issue. It might’ve been better to spend extra time and hack off every last piece of render and board the lot. All you can do is use Adhesive to flatten things up really.

When doing the prep with tiling it’s important to spend the time prepping everything perfectly because even small things that aren’t quite right can become quite large compromises once you reach the tiling stage.

If you haven’t already then get yourself a featherdge or two. Level things off nicely. I’m sure it’ll be fine. All the best
Yeah I’ve got a feather edge. I’ll spend today sorting it all out. Cheers Walugi

James De

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Any pics ?
Ok.. I’m prob gonna regret this but here goes :eek:

E1D45F4B-CE3E-49D0-972A-88DDAA7964CA.jpeg C0AA9F3E-6677-441C-B42C-2AA832200CDD.jpeg A0E248C2-4659-42D2-A336-17BEF9517D01.jpeg

Reply to First tiling job after my course with UKPTT in the Tiling Courses area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen