Discuss Edging tiles after installation in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi all.

We moved into our house a few years ago. The previous owners had a new bathroom and upstairs toilet installed and there was a lot of bodging happening apparently (e.g., cupboards without handles, attaching the toilet lid to the base with silcone, installing the toilet pipes the wrong way round, etc). Fortunately we've avoided any major catastrophes apart from a ceiling leak as a result of their shoddy pipework. /rant.

They left the tiling unedged in the bathroom and toilet upstairs. The bathroom we're having redone, but I want to know how to edge the small amount of tiling in the upstairs toilet. I've attached photos.

I'm a novice and need to do this on the cheap (both in terms of materials and time). Taking the tiles off is and slipping proper tile edging behind the tiles (as I've seen recommended elsewhere) is not an option, although I am aware it would give the best finish.

I was thinking of attaching PVC edging to it, something like uPVC quadrant moulding, unless someone can suggest something better. Would silicone be ok to attach this? Also, does anyone have any recommendations for how I could finish the corners off relatively neatly?

Thanks all.

Attachments

• tiles 3.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 19
  • tiles 2.jpg
    346.4 KB · Views: 18
  • tiles 1.jpg
    291.6 KB · Views: 17

Reply to Edging tiles after installation in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks