• Thanks for visiting TilersForums.com, the Tile Advice Forum. It's free to join if you'd like to register and ask a question should you not be able to search for your answers already. :)
The Wetroom Store - TilersForums.com Sponsor
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Tiling edge wrong? in the Tiling Forum | Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Hello,

I had the bathroom refitted recently, and whilst I am happy overall with the tiling, I don't feel as if the finish on the edge is correct. I don't know anything about tiling, so wondered if somebody on here would be able to look at the photo and let me know please?

The tiles finish part way up the wall, and there is a ridge of grout above the top tiles, no other finish, also true of the tiles that go up the whole wall, is this correct? Or does there need to be something else there/a different finish? Thanks in advance for any help!

20190702_224420.jpg

20190702_224432.jpg

O

On one

If that is the 'finish' , what is the rest of the tiling like?
The top row of tiles and maybe more will have to be removed to get the tile trim in behind the tiles.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
If that is the 'finish' , what is the rest of the tiling like?
The top row of tiles and maybe more will have to be removed to get the tile trim in behind the tiles.
The rest honestly look fine, so I can't figure out why he did this? What would happen if left as is? (Not that I will, just would like to know in case I go back to him).

timeless john

Staff member
Esteemed
Supporter
Arms
Reactions
16,088 152 1
What member type are you?
Professional Wall and Floor Tiler
What will happen if you leave as is?
It will forever look unfinished, dirt and moisture will lie on the surface discolouring the grout.
You will look at it every time you go in the bathroom thinking - that’s not acceptable - and you’ll be right!

Reply to Tiling edge wrong? in the Tiling Forum | Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

TileFix Direct
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Tiling Forum

Get free wall and floor tiling advice from TilersForums.com's Tiling Forum. Both DIY and professional wall and floor tilers use this forum to make sure their tiling is spot on.

New Threads (Sitewide)

Top Bottom

Use TilersForums.com to find Tiling Jobs or your Local Tilers for free. Get tiling tools at the best prices via the forum.