Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Tiling edge wrong? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hello,

I had the bathroom refitted recently, and whilst I am happy overall with the tile, I don't feel as if the finish on the edge is correct. I don't know anything about tile, so wondered if somebody on here would be able to look at the photo and let me know please?

The tiles finish part way up the wall, and there is a ridge of grout above the top tiles, no other finish, also true of the tiles that go up the whole wall, is this correct? Or does there need to be something else there/a different finish? Thanks in advance for any help!

20190702_224420.jpg

20190702_224432.jpg

O

On one

If that is the 'finish' , what is the rest of the tile like?
The top row of tiles and maybe more will have to be removed to get the tile trim in behind the tiles.

OP
S
Reaction score
If that is the 'finish' , what is the rest of the tile like?
The top row of tiles and maybe more will have to be removed to get the tile trim in behind the tiles.

The rest honestly look fine, so I can't figure out why he did this? What would happen if left as is? (Not that I will, just would like to know in case I go back to him).

T

Time's Ran Out

What will happen if you leave as is?
It will forever look unfinished, dirt and moisture will lie on the surface discolouring the grout.
You will look at it every time you go in the bathroom thinking - that’s not acceptable - and you’ll be right!

Reply to Tiling edge wrong? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
flooringdemand
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock