Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss black quartz tiles - shine in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
our mirror fleck quart tiles have been down a year now and we love them . when we clean them with basically a moist cloth this gives the tiles such a beautiful shiny finnish then drys and dulls off . is there a sealer or the like that will give my quartz tiles a permanent "wet look" shine

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
C

Concrete guy

There's not a great deal you can do with quartz once it's lost it's sheen.

Despite having a very similar production line to granite and marble once the slab has been formed, it's just not possible to re polish quartz in situ.

I did have a couple of customers who claimed to be able to take scratches out of Quartz (which is extremely difficult) and both explained the process had more in common with polishing car body paintwork than anything in the stone industry but they never expanded beyond that.

It's pointless putting any form of sealer on the quartz, it simply wouldn't soak in as the resin holding together all the quartz and glass chipping is chemically impermeable.

So the option that leaves is a top dressing, similar to the sort of thing that would be applied to Amtico. But that would be high maintenance indeed.

Have a chat with Tile HQ see if they suggest anything. It's their product and not branded.

OP
G

gnome

There's not a great deal you can do with quartz once it's lost it's sheen.

Despite having a very similar production line to granite and marble once the slab has been formed, it's just not possible to re polish quartz in situ.

I did have a couple of customers who claimed to be able to take scratches out of Quartz (which is extremely difficult) and both explained the process had more in common with polishing car body paintwork than anything in the stone industry but they never expanded beyond that.

It's pointless putting any form of sealer on the quartz, it simply wouldn't soak in as the resin holding together all the quartz and glass chipping is chemically impermeable.

So the option that leaves is a top dressing, similar to the sort of thing that would be applied to Amtico. But that would be high maintenance indeed.

Have a chat with Tile HQ see if they suggest anything. It's their product and not branded.
thank-you kindly for a detailed reply. its a shame as the tiles look so stunning when they have that shiny wet look . i was pretty sure there would of been something on the market that you rag/roller on and it leaves a beautiful shiny surface but it seems not unless anyone has any other tips from the PROs please

OP
T

TrevShill

I have the same black quartz floor tiles with the mirrored flecks in them. I have a few surface scratches in a couple of them. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get those scratches out?

Reply to black quartz tiles - shine in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
BIG_AL
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock