Discuss Which adhesive for shower floor with ceramic tiles in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi,
DIYer here and I'm going to rip up my shower floor which is currently tiled and put down some large ceramic tiles (90x14x1cm) instead. I don't know what the sub-floor is but guessing it's wood. I have a couple of questions - I did have a quick browse of the forum but couldn't see the exact advice I am after. I believe I will need an S2 rated adhesive, and as the tiles are big I should get a powder adhesive. The shower area is 175x85cm.

Can you recommend a suitable adhesive? And how much (10kg? 20kg?)
Can anyone also recommend a grout - something ivory or cream is ideal.

Thanks in advance.

Reply to Which adhesive for shower floor with ceramic tiles in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks