Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss What filler to fix hole in plaster board? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Romelee

TF
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi all,

I have a wall that has two layers of plaster board, the wall is in good condition apart from one thing, there is a hole about 4 inches wide by 3 inches high and about 15mm deep, i really don't want to rip down a whole wall due to one hole, can it be filled ready for the wall to be tiled?

If it can be filled is there anything on B&Q that can be used as it's only around the corner from me and i don't drive.

All the best

Jay

W

Waluigi

Cut a slightly larger rectangle out. Gripfill a new piece of board in and then easi-fill over it. Sand once dry.

Alternative method would be to fill with bonding plaster, a little bit of dust added to the mix (cement) to help it set faster. When almost set, scrape it back a little so it’s slightly concave and fill and feather the edges with easi-fill.

Last edited by a moderator:

Albert

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a wall that has two layers of plaster board, the wall is in good condition apart from one thing, there is a hole about 4 inches wide by 3 inches high and about 15mm deep, i really don't want to rip down a whole wall due to one hole, can it be filled ready for the wall to be tiled?

If it can be filled is there anything on B&Q that can be used as it's only around the corner from me and i don't drive.

All the best

Jay
Just square it off and stick a new piece of plasterboard in.

O

On one

Unless your using small tiles or mosaics to tile the wall,a hole that size wouldn't be of much concern.

W

Waluigi

Oh it’s getting tiled. I assumed it was a random DIY question. I didn’t read the tile bit :tearsofjoy:

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Just put some of your tile https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ in it, providing it's not ready mixed...

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I take it its a solid wall not a partition? If its solid just fill it with your tile https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/, as long as it a bagged .
If its a partition,cut the hole swuare cut a piece of 2x1 a inch or 3 bigger than the hole, place it inside , and screw through the front of the plasterboard into the wood, then plasterboard the hole

Reply to What filler to fix hole in plaster board? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock