Search the forum,

Discuss Used Mapei Mapeker underneath insulation boards...... will it ever dry? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Q

Qwerty

Never fitted down insulation boards before, but this morning I fitted down some warmup cement faced insulation boards using Mapei Mapeker

I used a 10mm U-notched trowel to ensure a decent coverage. I made the mix up a little looser than normal as I was paranoid it was going to go off a bit too quick! I am now worried that I may have made it too wet and it wont set. :mad2:

Am I correct in saying that as it is cement based adhesive that it will go off eventually and that air isnt required for setting .... or .... Is it possible to make it too wet so it will never set? :confused_smile:

H

hillhead

it should set,i mix wetter at times but not too much only to give better coverage too but be carefull,let it sit for 12 hours and check again.it normally goes off in around 3 !

G

Gazzer

Well no one can tell how wet you mixed it but as Joe says I usually mix wetter than i would for fixing tiles but i probably wouldnt have used a 10m trowel. I think it will be fine though.

H

hillhead

i notice it goes off under tile quicker than edges too.light trowel is way to go too,well said men:thumbsup:

Q

Qwerty

it will go off mate ,don't panic and don't keep touching it!! :lol::lol::lol:

I know! I cant help checking it!

I went 10mm as a few imperfections in floor.

Will check in the morning and let you know. God I hope it sets ok :oops:

Q

Qwerty

All set just fine :thumbsup:

Phew...... good to know I can vary the mix a bit more ...... nice to know for the future

Reply to Used Mapei Mapeker underneath insulation boards...... will it ever dry? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views
Hi looking for advice laying these floor tiles. My bathroom is chipboard. I’m going to get...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, Im a plumber who also fits bathrooms and kitchens, thats the tiling part! Based...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen