Search the forum,

Discuss Timber Floor Not Level in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

JMTile

I have Tiled a small bathroom Floor, it is running out of level by about 2 inches. I decided to follow the floor, but the bath panel is now showing that its not level. Should I have made it level and then leave the customer with a 2 inch step up/ dot and dab the tiles as the floors so out or tell the customer it couldn't be helped as their floor was so out!
Any advice would be Great!!

B

Bill

It depends which way the floor is sloping........ if you need to make up the floor at door end then your 6'6" owner might not be too happy............

J

JMTile

Floor is sloping towards the door. Customer is not happy because she thinks water will go under the gap from the bath panel to the floor?

B

Bill

Is it a new suite? ... Did the plumber not tell her that the floor was that far out of level and does the water from the toilet overspill the brim?

J

JMTile

Its a bathroom refurbishment here are the photos..

bath1.jpg bath2.jpg bath3.jpg bath4.jpg bath5.jpg

J

JMTile

By the time it got to the door it was. The customer is refusing to pay because of this now so any advice would be great.. other than quit lol

H

hmtiling

Not much you can do now barring rip it up and level the floor. You may have to go down that road if they're not paying for any work done.

Reply to Timber Floor Not Level in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen