Currently reading:
Timber Floor Not Level

Discuss Timber Floor Not Level in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I

Italy

ok this is a game of poker so first you need to load your hand .i total agree with you and will come back and not leave a bad job behind me that you are not happy with .how much did the tiles cost .so i can get some more .to replace the floor .will she say ok .now you go back put the cash in her hand .and say it wont take me long to chop these up as i cant leave a bad job behind me .you have now paid for the replacements.now you hold all the cards .you wont get to chop any up .just wait for the rest of your money dont leave intill you have it .record all you are saying .every time i have played these cards.i have won .when dealing with rubbish bury them deap
difficult for me..........
thinking-023.GIF
20.gif

S

SJPurdy

You could try putting a bit of 2 inch wood across the doorway, topped with 18mm? piece of ply and explain that that will be the height of the step in the doorway!

What were you contracted to do? rebuild the floor and then tile it or just tile it? Almost all the bathroom floors that I have tiled have had a slope on them and so they get a flat tiled with the same slope in the tiles - that is the job I have been contracted to do. If the floor requires levelling then that is the job for a carpenter prior to tiling.

If you have done all the work that you were contracted to do then I would send in an invoice for the work, followed by second invoice (if necessary) with request for payment within 7 days or you will take it to the small claims court.

GAZ5518

TF
Esteemed
Arms
EPSOM
I have Tiled a small bathroom Floor, it is running out of level by about 2 inches. I decided to follow the floor, but the bath panel is now showing that its not level. Should I have made it level and then leave the customer with a 2 inch step up/ dot and dab the tiles as the floors so out or tell the customer it couldn't be helped as their floor was so out!
Any advice would be Great!!

2" is a lot to raise and would leave too big a step at the threshold ( ugly)
Deffo tiling it flat was the way I would have gone ..,but informed her of the issue.
From your picture of bath panel... Doesn't look too bad.. As someone has said lower it from lip and apply white Dow Corning around perimeter...
Your client could be chancing her arm..
Hope you get it sorted..

Reply to Timber Floor Not Level in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for tiling.I have removed the floor boards and plan to lay 18mm WBP plywood.The question is, what...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in preparation for tiling. A couple of days after there's a lot of very fine cracks which have appeared, you...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm hoping you can help with some feedback, please My parents are currently having a new bathroom installed, all stripped back to bare walls and floor. The fitter has done/hasn't done...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid down several years ago by a previous owner, and it looks like it was also polished and sealed -...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement