Search the forum,

Discuss Timber Floor Not Level in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

JMTile

I have Tiled a small bathroom Floor, it is running out of level by about 2 inches. I decided to follow the floor, but the bath panel is now showing that its not level. Should I have made it level and then leave the customer with a 2 inch step up/ dot and dab the tiles as the floors so out or tell the customer it couldn't be helped as their floor was so out!
Any advice would be Great!!

B

Bill

It depends which way the floor is sloping........ if you need to make up the floor at door end then your 6'6" owner might not be too happy............

J

JMTile

Floor is sloping towards the door. Customer is not happy because she thinks water will go under the gap from the bath panel to the floor?

B

Bill

Is it a new suite? ... Did the plumber not tell her that the floor was that far out of level and does the water from the toilet overspill the brim?

J

JMTile

Its a bathroom refurbishment here are the photos..

bath1.jpg bath2.jpg bath3.jpg bath4.jpg bath5.jpg

J

JMTile

By the time it got to the door it was. The customer is refusing to pay because of this now so any advice would be great.. other than quit lol

H

hmtiling

Not much you can do now barring rip it up and level the floor. You may have to go down that road if they're not paying for any work done.

Reply to Timber Floor Not Level in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I want to tile over a completely new floor. New floor joists have been installed with...
Replies
Views
Hello I'm new to tiling my first flooring job it's 42sqm in 600x 200 floor tiles (wood effect)...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I’m ripping out a failed existing tiled floor. Tiles had not been back buttered so...
Replies
Views
Hi all! So I got to a job yesterday downstairs wetroom floor with mains underfloor heating...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen