Discuss Tiling on a small subsidence crack in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
I have been to quote a job today, 35m2 in a kitchen, but they have a slight diagonal crack in the floor which I believe to be a subsidence crack, is there anyway to get around this or stay away from the job?

Cheera

Q

Qwerty

Depends on how much movement there has been/ likely to be in the future. How old is the property and any other signs of movement? A decoupling membrane usually safe for most minor cracks

Reaction score
Depends on how much movement there has been/ likely to be in the future. How old is the property and any other signs of movement? A decoupling membrane usually safe for most minor cracks
Property is about 20-30 years, this is the only known crack on the floor and none on the walls,

Reply to Tiling on a small subsidence crack in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi I asked the Wunda technical department if I can just use a Ditra mat only and not the SLC...
Replies
Views
Hi I have ordered the Wunda Rapid Response underfloor heating for my kitchen. We were going...
Replies
Views
Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
I recently got several loose/hollow tiles rebonded on my bathroom floor. Having left with...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Marley