Search the forum,

Discuss subfloor backer boards in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

pete k

Hi guys/girls,
i have taken up the old flooring and found that the floor is not quite level across the 13m run and wanted to know is it possible to use sand cement to level the backer boards im about to put down as doing it in slc would be financial suicide due to the size, the floor is wood and concrete so was going to use pva primer first, any hints would be great thanks

pete

B

brian c

a decoupling membrane Ditr matting for example might be an option.When you say not level,do you mean high spots in floor or dips? ..how high and where are they

P

pete k

over the entire 13m its about 10mm , the concrete is a little higher than the wood floor so was thinking of bedding the backerboard onto sand cement to get the level

P

pete k

when i put the laser on a level line down the 13m run you can see that hall has a fall going away from the back of the house, sorry if im confusing

D

DHTiling

Hi pete...As long as the floor is flat ,then that will be fine...use a slc to go from 10mm to feather edge...:thumbsup:

Reply to subfloor backer boards in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I'm having a nightmare trying to establish product info from distributors. For example...
Replies
Views
I'm about to tile my kitchen with 600mm x 600mm porcelain tiles. I am tiling onto a subfloor...
Replies
Views
I am considering purchasing the Wedi system for a shower renovation. The current shower setup...
Replies
Views
I'm redoing our bathroom and looking for some advice on tiling backer boards in relation to the...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen