Discuss Replacing 50mm white jablite and chipboard floor in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Subscribed
Co.Durham
Hi everyone, would appreciate some advice please.

We're tiling our kitchen floor, and the floor currently is made of a concrete base, which has a 50mm jablite board on top of it, and then 18mm chipboard flooring.
We know this isn't suitable for tiling (floating floor).

We're gonna rip it all out.

What would you suggest we replace it with?
Frame the floor out. ( fixed) insulate and recover. Then use a product like 6mm Hardibacker

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Replacing 50mm white jablite and chipboard floor in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Looking for some technical advice on these tiles please. Our installers fitted this CaPietra...
Replies
Views
Hi all, first post. I’m currently doing a job on my house where we’ve moved the kitchen and...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, With a kitchen renovation, Mrs choose the white mirror quartz floor tiles from a...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm looking to tile the entirety of our small patio area with either brick slips or...
Replies
Views
I'm a total tiling beginner having my kitchen/diner redone by builders. The dining area has a...
Replies
Views

USA Tile Forum Popular

America Tile Advice Trending

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB