Discuss Solution for suspended floor with chipboard Wet UFH? in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
I'm a total tiling beginner having my kitchen/diner redone by builders. The dining area has a concrete subfloor, and the kitchen area has a new suspended floor.

We have bought the chipboard panel based wet UFH already. The builder has planned for 20mm before the finished floor level, thinking that I want engineered flooring, but I had mentioned that we want inside outside tiles (10mm/20mm). The UFH hasn't been put down yet.

He says it's "not possible" to lay tile on the chipboard.

I spoke to the UFH supplier, they said that 6mm ply and then ditra mat is required. This adds up to 6mm + 3mm (ditra)+ 10mm (tile), which is only 1mm less than the FFL. This doesn't leave much room for glue.

I was wondering
a. if the above info is entirely correct, and
b. if there is a waterproof, heat conducting tile backing board that could be used instead of ply+ditra more cost effectively.
c. if there is a better solution!

thanks

Reply to Solution for suspended floor with chipboard Wet UFH? in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks