Discuss Brick slip or tiling a small patio area in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm looking to tile the entirety of our small patio area with either brick slips or terracotta tiles and would appreciate picking the brains of experts please.

As you can hopefully see from the image below, the red section (which is the area we want to brick slip/tile) already has a concrete base for a large portion of it. The tricky part is in creating a suitable sub base for the brick slips/tiles on the section which is currently occupied by earth and old block pavers.

I'd very much appreciate any advice please on what you would suggest, both in terms of a sub base and the layer directly beneath the brick slips/tiles. Should I be looking for some type of adhesive?

Capture.JPG

Many thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Hi there, for outside I suggest a concrete sub base with the right fall away from the house. Then lay ditra drain which is a membrane specifically for outside work which drains any water that might get under the tiles and adhesive wise I’d recommend kerakoll bio gel as it’s the best on the market.

Reply to Brick slip or tiling a small patio area in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks