Search the forum,

Discuss Brick slip or tiling a small patio area in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm looking to tile the entirety of our small patio area with either brick slips or terracotta tiles and would appreciate picking the brains of experts please.

As you can hopefully see from the image below, the red section (which is the area we want to brick slip/tile) already has a concrete base for a large portion of it. The tricky part is in creating a suitable sub base for the brick slips/tiles on the section which is currently occupied by earth and old block pavers.

I'd very much appreciate any advice please on what you would suggest, both in terms of a sub base and the layer directly beneath the brick slips/tiles. Should I be looking for some type of adhesive?

Capture.JPG

Many thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Hi there, for outside I suggest a concrete sub base with the right fall away from the house. Then lay ditra drain which is a membrane specifically for outside work which drains any water that might get under the tiles and adhesive wise I’d recommend kerakoll bio gel as it’s the best on the market.

Reply to Brick slip or tiling a small patio area in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen