Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Poor tile lapping from bathroom installer in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Australia
C

Carl

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi All,

Im currently in the process of having my bathroom redone, new tiles, new suite, pretty much new everything.

Now the builder / installer is currently in the process of fitting the tiles - they arent grouted yet.

They are the large porcelain tiles - he supplied these tiles i will add.

on a number of the tiles there appears to be very large lapping ranging from 3mm-5mm - surley this isnt correct?

I have only paid 25% of the total cost of the works.

I decided upon this installer, as he seemed very proffesional from his website, to his qoute and the 3d designs he sent over, his previous work displayed on his website looked really good and he has 5 star reviews on mybuilder.co.uk

I have advised him i am not happy with this, am i in the right from your opions?
20180920_184517.jpg
20180920_184112.jpg
20180920_184127.jpg 20180920_184112.jpg 20180920_184517.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
B

Blunt Tool

Rough as a badgers ***, needs redone at his expense and if he can’t deliver up to him to supply a tiler that is competent

OP
F

Flintstone

Very shoddy, it's that same situation we see on here almost daily now, builder doing a tilers job.

Bathfix Bob

TF
Arms
Reaction score
A big flashy website means nothing, the pictures could be someone else bathroom. All my bathrooms come from recommendations in the town. My website is rubbish..I don't need it anyway.

He made the decision to lay the tiles like that and he can make the decision on how to remove them, SDS or hammer and chisel, no easy fix.

OP
S

Spare Tool

Its pathetic...get them and that attempt out and start again with reputable tradesmen.

Bathfix Bob

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Don't let him fob you off with the old 'it will look better when its grouted rubbish' ...if anything it will look worse.

We have no sympathy for lazy builders who have no pride in their work, okay if someone makes a mistake and there work is spot on otherwise of course we can help but work like that I have no sympathy. I bets he's really quick too.

OP
W

Waluigi

Send him a text message with a link to this page.

Full rip out and start again. Get a pro in this time, not Bob the builder

Boggs

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
I spot a theme.

Boggs

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Damn it!
Got distracted before I could post reply.

Reply to Poor tile lapping from bathroom installer in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock