Search the forum,

Discuss Plywood floored shower room on 3rd floor/loft room in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

gamma38

TF
Reaction score
I have a job to go and look at, very posh lady (sounded posh anyway) much like your job she told me it's only 3sq mtrs. I said is it a splashback, no it's between a bathroom and an en-suite she said. Another tiler has done most of the work and it is just the awkward bits left, it will only take you about half a day she said, as that's what the tiler told her. I asked why he didn't finish and he she told me he felt ill. There is no way i am going to finish it but i am going to go and have a look, just to be nosey. i will try and take some pics if she leaves me alone.

G

gobby

Wonder why he felt ill, the awkwardness of the cuts? lol. I ask to take pictures, reminds me when I'm quoting but I didn't on that one. Small local jobs are fine but an hour round trip then you've got to get everything out and set up then later clean up and pack away on a domestic it adds time, half a day if your already onsite for a few days then maybe it is half a days work.

Funnily enough I saw a mate at weekend whose recent house move had him an ensuite with floor tiles that had risen due to a tiny leak from the shower door sneaking under the trays frame and got into the chipboard floor. Tiles were directly adhered (i use that term loosely!) to the green chipboard. Had been little used spare room by the previous owner but while redecorating he was using it frequently so found the problem.
Mark

gamma38

TF
Reaction score
So i went to see said posh lady today. Basically it is wood chip wall paper on top of flaking plaster. I said i wouldn't tile onto it without prep. She said don't worry i'll scribe it for you so they stick, they are only small tiles. I still said no. The other guy didn't have a problem tiling onto it she said, well get him back to bodge even more tiling for you i said but i'm still not going to do it. I had to start getting a bit short with her as she just kept going on and on. I'm sure she will find a cowboy to do it for her.

T

TJ Smiler

So i went to see said posh lady today. Basically it is wood chip wall paper on top of flaking plaster. I said i wouldn't tile onto it without prep. She said don't worry i'll scribe it for you so they stick, they are only small tiles. I still said no. The other guy didn't have a problem tiling onto it she said, well get him back to bodge even more tiling for you i said but i'm still not going to do it. I had to start getting a bit short with her as she just kept going on and on. I'm sure she will find a cowboy to do it for her.

Sounds like your better off out of it anyway mate, some people just don't want to listen

Reply to Plywood floored shower room on 3rd floor/loft room in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen