Search the forum,

Discuss New Member Intro / Mosaic Expert in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com.

N

Ninja

Hello everyone.
Having spent a chunk of work-life battling for others decided to go it alone and get stuck into tiling full-time excuse the pun!. Covered a brief period plastering, however, found my home tiling projects far more enjoyable.
I have a small job coming up involving Mosaic hmm.. Would appreciate a little advice in this area as well as a reliable cutting tool/tools for Glass Mosaic tiles these are 15 x 15 mm coming in 30.5 x 30.5 x 0.8mm sheets have curves to cut will be attempting not to make a total wreck of it:weary: Sure I'm going to have further questions and experiences to share throughout my journey looking forward to the next chapter..

O

Old Mod

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Asking for general advice on such a potentially complex subject won’t make it easy for members to advise you, you would probably need to be more specific.
The mosaic, are they 0.8cm thick (8mm) or actually 0.8mm? :arrowup::arrowup:

N

Ninja

Hi 3_Fall - Thanks for getting back these are 0.8cm (8mm) thick, is there a recommended tool that will give a decent cut to a Glass Mosaic will then look to buy n practice before starting the job.

O

Old Mod

Hi 3_Fall - Thanks for getting back these are 0.8cm (8mm) thick, is there a recommended tool that will give a decent cut to a Glass Mosaic will then look to buy n practice before starting the job.

So they’re 15mm x 15mm x 8mm on a 30.5 x 30.5cm sheet?
Mesh backed?
Paper or cellophane faced?

That’s awfully thick for such a small piece.
And you say you have curves to cope with?
As in what exactly?

N

Ninja

Yep they are chunky and tiny with a mesh backing
Chromatic Purple Haze 15x15mm Mosaic Tile from a very well known retailer.
Have a Toilet cistern to get around being asked not to remove hence enquiry for a decent cutter that will do the job.

Reply to New Member Intro / Mosaic Expert in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen