Search the forum,

Discuss Leave it for the tilers, let them sort it!! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

R

Recksy

Hello my name is Recksy,

I am a self employed tiler based in south manchester with over 6 years experience running my own business. I am in need of some advice and heard about the forum so thought this was the best place to get it as you are advised by real tilers, with real experience not technical department or inexperienced shop assistants!

Has anyone ever used Norcross thick bed adhesive or Norcross pro 50 self leveller?

If so can these be mixed together? so you can, in effect level and tile a floor at the same time?
I have never heard of this before and was wondering if anyone else has?

Thanks in advance

Recksy

B

bugs183

Hi Recksy.
Sorry mate but no, never mix any different products together, unless they are specified by the manufacturer.
I knew a tiler that mixed Bal Star and Rapid together as it worked out cheaper and the floor would be dry in 20 mins, he did 100's m2 like this and it all failed.

B

Bubblecraft

Hi & welcome to TF. As above, fefo don't mix products unless specified by the manufacturer ie 2 part, GT1, AD1 etc.

Just level first then tile. It's your reputation against it if it fails

R

Recksy

Thanks for the replies this has been a great help as it confirms what I have told the contractor.
Also expansion/movement joints, can these be fitted after an overlay UFH system has been laid?

I am involved in a dispute with the same contractor regarding these points, so as many replies and details would be a massive help.

Thanks in advance

Recksy

G

Gazzer

You will be able to have an expansion joint in the tiling but of course not the screed.

R

Recksy

I did have to ask the question nybor62 because I have refused to tile a floor this way or put expansion joints in and also because of the overlay UFH boards which have been installed incorrectly and I'm getting blamed for holding the job up because of this and now he is trying to claim loss of money because he has missed his deadline.
Just wanted other opinions so I can print off to show him.

Reply to Leave it for the tilers, let them sort it!! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen