Search the forum,

Discuss kerakoll rep ran a mile be warned in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

TT Tiling

oooooooooooo yes and with lots of witnesses ,they wouldnt have a leg to stand on ,just two to run away on

G

Gazzer

You say the 2nd time you laid the slate after the rep sealed the floor for you and gave yo the go ahead to tile you used H40 Ideal ? So what was the adhesive the 1st time ? Just curious and following this story as i have tried Kerakoll and had no issues.
I was asked by the rep later what i thoought and my honest answer was "its ok but nothing new IMO".
I am also awaiting a suspected response from Ajax123 as i know he was on a job recently where Kerakoll was used.

T

TT Tiling

hi and yes i found the h40 very nice to use ,it was the sealer , first time round i used granfix ,which i all ways use and find it very good ,its one of the only add grouts i can get down here :thumbsup:

G

Gazzer

hi and yes i found the h40 very nice to use ,it was the sealer , first time round i used granfix ,which i all ways use and find it very good ,its one of the only add grouts i can get down here :thumbsup:

In that case i would think they have a valid claim ( for the 1st attempt) that because kerakoll primer was used then so should Kerakoll adhesive and not granfix or any other make.....as for any "wriggling" out of the 2nd attempt ... I dont know :mad2:

T

TT Tiling

the rep said it did not matter wot add i used as his sealer was the best you can get , i have never known a water based primer being any good on anhydrate ,have all ways used a two part epoxy ,

tile-jc

TF
Reaction score
Hi, guys - very interested in this thread as I have just started using Kerakoll for premium stone fixing (about the last two months). I have found it great to use and clean up, etc, good pot life and open time but as we all know, time will tell!!! I use standard set a lot because I do a lot of detail work and work alone, and find that with fast set I am mixing and cleaning up literally half the day. Perhaps I am just disorganised!!! As for the primer issue my understanding is that we should stick to the same brand for primers and adhesives as the polymers work together, and of course the polymers do differ from company to company. Does this make sense or am I being naive?
The only issue I am seeing currently with Kerakoll is colour shading on grout and am about to get back to them about this. Will report back as to how supportive they have been! Thanks chaps.

R

Richard Edwards

If you have the OK are you allowed to quote the Rep's name ? I'm interested for another reason - You could send me a PM if you preferred.

Thanks

Richard

Reply to kerakoll rep ran a mile be warned in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen