Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss kerakoll rep ran a mile be warned in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

T

TT Tiling

thanks for that everyone ,its not nom my thing to bad mouth any one ,but i needed to say it , and by wot you have all said im not the only one they have up set , he said he was a tiler ,but i didnt belive him ,did seam to know much about anything ,apart from how good his products are , :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: and we all know how good they are
the only thing i can do is put it down to experience and move on , o and dave i used ardex p82 good stuff ,roll it on very thin ,but my god it sticks like sh-- to a blanket ,or i use screedmaster just as good ,tell everyone guys , if it saves some one going through wot i did ,hey i would feel a lot better :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

D

DHTiling

To openly badmouth a company like this, i do hope you are prepared to provide your full details should they ask for them..just in case..:smilewinkgrin:

T

TT Tiling

oooooooooooo yes and with lots of witnesses ,they wouldnt have a leg to stand on ,just two to run away on

G

Gazzer

You say the 2nd time you laid the slate after the rep sealed the floor for you and gave yo the go ahead to tile you used H40 Ideal ? So what was the adhesive the 1st time ? Just curious and following this story as i have tried Kerakoll and had no issues.
I was asked by the rep later what i thoought and my honest answer was "its ok but nothing new IMO".
I am also awaiting a suspected response from Ajax123 as i know he was on a job recently where Kerakoll was used.

T

TT Tiling

hi and yes i found the h40 very nice to use ,it was the sealer , first time round i used granfix ,which i all ways use and find it very good ,its one of the only add grouts i can get down here :thumbsup:

G

Gazzer

hi and yes i found the h40 very nice to use ,it was the sealer , first time round i used granfix ,which i all ways use and find it very good ,its one of the only add grouts i can get down here :thumbsup:

In that case i would think they have a valid claim ( for the 1st attempt) that because kerakoll primer was used then so should Kerakoll adhesive and not granfix or any other make.....as for any "wriggling" out of the 2nd attempt ... I dont know :mad2:

T

TT Tiling

the rep said it did not matter wot add i used as his sealer was the best you can get , i have never known a water based primer being any good on anhydrate ,have all ways used a two part epoxy ,

tile-jc

TF
Reaction score
Hi, guys - very interested in this thread as I have just started using Kerakoll for premium stone fixing (about the last two months). I have found it great to use and clean up, etc, good pot life and open time but as we all know, time will tell!!! I use standard set a lot because I do a lot of detail work and work alone, and find that with fast set I am mixing and cleaning up literally half the day. Perhaps I am just disorganised!!! As for the primer issue my understanding is that we should stick to the same brand for primers and adhesives as the polymers work together, and of course the polymers do differ from company to company. Does this make sense or am I being naive?
The only issue I am seeing currently with Kerakoll is colour shading on grout and am about to get back to them about this. Will report back as to how supportive they have been! Thanks chaps.

R

Richard Edwards

If you have the OK are you allowed to quote the Rep's name ? I'm interested for another reason - You could send me a PM if you preferred.

Thanks

Richard

Reply to kerakoll rep ran a mile be warned in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks