Discuss joining plasterboard and cement board / hardiebacker in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Good Afternoon,

we're ready to start prepping the wall for tiling. it's in the shower and it's all going to be tiled.

what should you use to join cement and plasterboard together?

ive read that plasterboard is tape and compound and cement board is alkaline tape with thin set (though someone else said tile adhesive) but what do you use for joining them together?

also how do you join the cement board and plasterboard to the ceiling? i don't think the joining tape is there anymore on the wall side anyway.

edit: do I just use the bal waterproofing kit and forget about everything else? It comes with waterproof tape and waterproof coating?

thank you if you can help

3D2313DA-2748-46DF-8408-E6824F4D1565.jpeg

1D5B8958-7DBD-49F9-90E6-50737A1B10D1.jpeg

C2EA723F-D125-4165-8EA9-D0FD043736F5.jpeg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Good Afternoon,

we're ready to start prepping the wall for tiling. it's in the shower and it's all going to be tiled.

what should you use to join cement and plasterboard together?

ive read that plasterboard is tape and compound and cement board is alkaline tape with thin set (though someone else said tile adhesive) but what do you use for joining them together?

also how do you join the cement board and plasterboard to the ceiling? i don't think the joining tape is there anymore on the wall side anyway.

edit: do I just use the bal waterproofing kit and forget about everything else? It comes with waterproof tape and waterproof coating?

thank you if you can help

View attachment 122808

View attachment 122809

View attachment 122810

Reaction score

Reply to joining plasterboard and cement board / hardiebacker in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks