Search the forum,

Discuss I have long brown stains in the centre of my tiles, why? in the Tile Cleaning and Restoration Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
I have recently had my house renovated, and had underfloor heating put in. In the kitchen, hallway, utility room and small study room, we have had white with grey marble effect tiles layed, with a high glass sheen and the make is colour-tile (glazed vitrafied tile) with a velvet finish. Over the past few months, brown stain marks have started to appear in the middle of the tiles and they are getting darker and more frequent as time progresses. I have been advised this could potentially be because the adhesive (the wrong colour or not allowed to go off). Would anyone know if this is correct or have any other suggestions? Many Thanks in advance.
floor.jpg

Anthony

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
It’s not adhesive. You might have had a case if it were natural marble, but they’re not. I’ve had the unfortunate pleasure of working with that brand, utter garbage, would be highly surprised if it’s anything but the tile.

Reply to I have long brown stains in the centre of my tiles, why? in the Tile Cleaning and Restoration Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen