Discuss I have long brown stains in the centre of my tiles, why? in the Tile Cleaning and Restoration Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
I have recently had my house renovated, and had underfloor heating put in. In the kitchen, hallway, utility room and small study room, we have had white with grey marble effect tiles layed, with a high glass sheen and the make is colour-tile (glazed vitrafied tile) with a velvet finish. Over the past few months, brown stain marks have started to appear in the middle of the tiles and they are getting darker and more frequent as time progresses. I have been advised this could potentially be because the adhesive (the wrong colour or not allowed to go off). Would anyone know if this is correct or have any other suggestions? Many Thanks in advance.
floor.jpg

Anthony

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
It’s not adhesive. You might have had a case if it were natural marble, but they’re not. I’ve had the unfortunate pleasure of working with that brand, utter garbage, would be highly surprised if it’s anything but the tile.

Reply to I have long brown stains in the centre of my tiles, why? in the Tile Cleaning and Restoration Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks