Search the forum,

Discuss grout cracked in wetroom in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

chud71

Hey, I did a wet room (up stairs) a few months ago and now have been told now that the grout has cracked and water is now under the tile and grout is stained and coming out!

I put 18mm green chipboard down screwed then 9mm ply screwed every 4 inches then tile safe membrane, topps 2 part flexi adh, grouted with bal flexi grout!
any ideas!!!
Tile feels spongy under foot?

I have been doing bathrooms for yrs but this has thrown me as i have never had this happen..

W

White Room

Only a guess, sounds like water has penetrated into the ply, if it has then would have soaked the chipboard, never used the said tile safe membrane.

Reply to grout cracked in wetroom in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views
Hi there - I’m hoping to get some advice. I’m a builder, based in Melbourne, Australia. I’ve...
Replies
Views
On the final stretch of this lengthy project and would love to hear your views on Flexible...
Replies
Views
Bathroom being refurbished. A load of things have been rushed like some loosely rollered (not...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen

grout cracked in wetroom > Tiling Advice - Tilers Forums
Search the forum,

Discuss grout cracked in wetroom in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

chud71

Hey, I did a wet room (up stairs) a few months ago and now have been told now that the grout has cracked and water is now under the tile and grout is stained and coming out!

I put 18mm green chipboard down screwed then 9mm ply screwed every 4 inches then tile safe membrane, topps 2 part flexi adh, grouted with bal flexi grout!
any ideas!!!
Tile feels spongy under foot?

I have been doing bathrooms for yrs but this has thrown me as i have never had this happen..

W

White Room

Only a guess, sounds like water has penetrated into the ply, if it has then would have soaked the chipboard, never used the said tile safe membrane.

Reply to grout cracked in wetroom in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views
Hi there - I’m hoping to get some advice. I’m a builder, based in Melbourne, Australia. I’ve...
Replies
Views
On the final stretch of this lengthy project and would love to hear your views on Flexible...
Replies
Views
Bathroom being refurbished. A load of things have been rushed like some loosely rollered (not...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen