Currently reading:
Dot And Dabbing At Its Best.

Discuss Dot And Dabbing At Its Best. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

O

On one

the tiler who got away with the dot and dabbing is nicknamed Mr. blobby
he has a trail of failed floors behind him mostly ufh porcelain floors doesnt back butter or use a notched trowel at all , his work looks fantastic when it is finished, magazine/ brochure quality but after a few months the tiles start to come loose
.....and if you later try to contact Mr Blobby you will miraculously find his phone no longer returns your calls!

In the real world, and when working on old houses and refurb bathrooms for builders etc, you get bad walls and your gonna need to build them out in places which means adding some dabs! I always use the notch trowel on the wall and butter the back of the tile if dabs are neeeed, add them to the tile. You can't do no more. But there is a limit ofcourse

Could you not use a 8 or 10 mm even 12mm float to even the surface out??

Reply to Dot And Dabbing At Its Best. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I'm hoping you can help with some feedback, please My parents are currently having a new bathroom installed, all stripped back to bare walls and floor. The fitter has done/hasn't done...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement