Search the forum,

Discuss Cleaning up terracotta floor tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Z

Zooney

Have received an enquiry from a customer about cleaning up the grout in his terracotta floor-tiled kitchen - he says its become quite grotty over time. Can anyone advise me what the options are here? (am new and I haven't done any jobs of this nature before).

Remove the existing grout and replacing. Is this viable? What tools would you recommend for removing the old grout? How long should the job take?, for pricing purposes I could use some guesstimates.

Cleaning the existing grout. Is this viable? What products would you recommend?

Be grateful for any advice.

Thanks.

Zooney

D

DHTiling

hi zooney mate.. try using lithofin intensive cleaner really good for grout cleaning.....dave..

Z

Zooney

Thanks Dave. Is application straightforward? (cloth/toothbrush?) No problems with getting it on the terracotta?

Cheers

Zooney

D

DHTiling

Sorry there zooney mate ..quoted wrong product...old man syndrome..lol lol...
Actual product i meant to put is lithofin KF grout cleaner.....apply to joints with a sponge leave for 10-15 mins and agitate in between with a brush...rinse floor with plenty clean water....dave....you could try lithofin wexa if the whole floor including terocatta wants reviving as well....dave..

Z

Zooney

You're not officially old until u reach 43 like me Dave.

Sorry if I'm being a bit tick here mate but this Lithofin Wexa stuff, will it do the grout and the Terracotta? Or is it Wexa for the terracotta and KF Grout Cleaner for the grout? See, told you u have to get to 43 to be proper confused!

Zooney

D

DHTiling

wexa will clean the whole floor zooney mate.....but you will need to re-polish the terracotta...dave..

Reply to Cleaning up terracotta floor tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi looking for advice laying these floor tiles. My bathroom is chipboard. I’m going to get...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen