Search the forum,

Discuss Cleaning up terracotta floor tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Z

Zooney

Have received an enquiry from a customer about cleaning up the grout in his terracotta floor-tiled kitchen - he says its become quite grotty over time. Can anyone advise me what the options are here? (am new and I haven't done any jobs of this nature before).

Remove the existing grout and replacing. Is this viable? What tools would you recommend for removing the old grout? How long should the job take?, for pricing purposes I could use some guesstimates.

Cleaning the existing grout. Is this viable? What products would you recommend?

Be grateful for any advice.

Thanks.

Zooney

D

DHTiling

Sorry there zooney mate ..quoted wrong product...old man syndrome..lol lol...
Actual product i meant to put is lithofin KF grout cleaner.....apply to joints with a sponge leave for 10-15 mins and agitate in between with a brush...rinse floor with plenty clean water....dave....you could try lithofin wexa if the whole floor including terocatta wants reviving as well....dave..

Reply to Cleaning up terracotta floor tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for tiling.I have removed the floor boards and plan to lay 18mm WBP plywood.The question is, what...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in preparation for tiling. A couple of days after there's a lot of very fine cracks which have appeared, you...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid down several years ago by a previous owner, and it looks like it was also polished and sealed -...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent bathroom (600x600 porcelain, about 25m walls and floors) which went pretty well. I'm now having a go...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.