Search the forum,

Discuss Classi-seal in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

O

One Day

They can stay with the plumbers in my opinion.

No way you can get as tight a corner with classi-seal as you can using Kerdi-keba and and bonding it to the tray with Kerdi-fix.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
IMG_20171013_062409.png

F

Flintstone

They are think and obtrusive, like some members on here :D

Always wavy too when I see them

B

Blunt Tool

I have used this a few times on shower trays after being recommended on here from guys who create excellent work and I respect very much and by no means weekend warriors and it hasn’t been thick, obtrusive away from wall at the corner or any other negative it’s useless even tho I’ve never used it throw away comments! Kerdi is not the only solution for total waterproof guaranteed installation, there are lots and always comes down to the installers experience and confidence to install correctly. It is a very good option if used and installed correctly like any good product!

L

LM

I insist on them on large new build housing sites in conjunction with tanking.
If the shower tray/bath are of good quality and square vertically i.e: the upstand and top are 90 degrees rather than sloped from a cross section point of view then the Classi seal installed correctly is no obstruction at all, it's only about 1-1.5mm thick.
If when installing it the plumbers silicone it to the wall and have it nipped around the corner of the tray properly and not stretched it, then held the corner in place with a piece of wood scrwed to the wall until the silicone sets, when we come to tank it it's not in the way what so ever, it's a clean 90 degree and vertical internal angle.
I do agree that there are other options out there but I haven't found any that are more cost effective when tanking large volumes of new houses with a restrictive cost to build.

Reply to Classi-seal in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen