Discuss Choosing the right cutter in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com.

L

Leatherface

Hi mate

It is always difficult to choose which dry or wet cutter to buy. Depends if you are a DIY'er , part time tiler or self employed. There are many to choose from and many different prices - the choice can be baffling.
You really need to decide your budget and think how much use you will get out of the cutter and how much time ( and money it will save you ) inthe long run.
LOST TIME = LOST MONEY

As a case in point :

I have just finished a 32 sq m bathroom - fully tile - walls and floor. tiles were Porcelain - 600 x 300 x 10mm thick - grade 1 - very very tough. My Rubi TS 60 Plus would not snap them without breaking them. I tried on my wet cutter, this took too long. So after 3 days messing about I had enough - so went and bought a Rubi TX 700 N - cost me £300 ( after batering the shop down by £30 )
Got back to the job - and Hey Presto every single tile cut simply and easliy and cleanly. This cutter has special guides for cutting on the diamond - tried a few porcelain 600 x 600s I had in the garage on the diamond - cut them cleanly with no problem.

You will bew best off having something like a Rubi TS 50 Plus for most tiles and a larger cutter with a stronger breaker for larger porcelain ( big porcelain tiles are becoming more popular )

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Choosing the right cutter in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi. I'm relatively new to tiling, and have begun offering it as a service alongside my existing...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, its my first post on there though have been gaining useful tips for a while so thanks...
Replies
Views
M
Hi Everyone, This is my first post. I'm looking to tile around my cloakroom corner sink with...
Replies
Views
Mav3000
M
J
Hello all, I'm part way through a tiling job (floor and wall tiles) and I need to start thinking...
Replies
Views
J Sid
J
Need to do a couple of external mitre cuts and my wet saw aint the best... so want to grind away...
2 3
Replies
Views
Flintstone
F

Popular Tile Cutter Threads

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB