Discuss Choosing the right cutter in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

H

hyscore

Hi.I am looking at cutters now,And want to be able to cut diagonaly accross 100x100 tiles accurately [many to cut] Would a rubi ts30/40 be good for this?
I would also need to cut some 25mm ceramic beading internal and external mitres Would a cheap tile saw do this ok? If so which one?
Cheers Guys.

D

DHTiling

Cutting the 100x100mm tiles will depend on what they are made of , some of the harder ones like porcelain bodied will need to be machine cut to get a good point to point finish....

Regarding the beading.. it really depends on the quality of the blade not so much the machine..but for that type of cutting it should be ok with water in....

L

Leatherface

Hi mate

It is always difficult to choose which dry or wet cutter to buy. Depends if you are a DIY'er , part time tiler or self employed. There are many to choose from and many different prices - the choice can be baffling.
You really need to decide your budget and think how much use you will get out of the cutter and how much time ( and money it will save you ) inthe long run.
LOST TIME = LOST MONEY

As a case in point :

I have just finished a 32 sq m bathroom - fully tile - walls and floor. tiles were Porcelain - 600 x 300 x 10mm thick - grade 1 - very very tough. My Rubi TS 60 Plus would not snap them without breaking them. I tried on my wet cutter, this took too long. So after 3 days messing about I had enough - so went and bought a Rubi TX 700 N - cost me £300 ( after batering the shop down by £30 )
Got back to the job - and Hey Presto every single tile cut simply and easliy and cleanly. This cutter has special guides for cutting on the diamond - tried a few porcelain 600 x 600s I had in the garage on the diamond - cut them cleanly with no problem.

You will bew best off having something like a Rubi TS 50 Plus for most tiles and a larger cutter with a stronger breaker for larger porcelain ( big porcelain tiles are becoming more popular )

D

DHTiling

Rubi ts50+ is a good alround dry cutter...and a few of the fixers on here use the plasplugs mastertiler wet cuter..

Reply to Choosing the right cutter in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alex Carr
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks