Search the forum,

Discuss Anyone got an idea of what I need to do next with bathroom tiles? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

snoobie

Hi guys,
Help very much appreciated here.

I've just bought my first house and after the first two weeks the shower started leaking to the downstairs kitchen.

I removed and regrouted a couple of rows of the annoying 1inx1inch tiles but that didn't work. I've now removed more of the tles and found that they've been put onto plasterboard. I've removed 600 (yeah i counted them) back to where the pasterboard is still firm but a little bit damp.

Looking for advice what to do next, will I need to remove all the tiles and replace with something else? Or can I just get some waterproof board and flll the area and add retile? I'm so disappointed, the bathroom looked new and was a selling point knowing that it wouldn't need doing for a while

Many thanks

Jay

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 69

area tiling

TF
Arms
n.ireland
Haha I know mate, wasn't so obvious before I started taking them down, but agreed what a rubbish job! Any idea what tiles to replace them with e.g. big/small. Issue is I don't know what tiles were used to do the rest of the bathroom :(
Imo mosaics look great when done right in a shower feature wall , but can you get the same match as what's around the rest of the bathroom , coz am sure you don't wont to have to rip them out as well! Maybe a natural stone looking mosaic to match the wall tile 2x2 , then sealed would look good!

Reply to Anyone got an idea of what I need to do next with bathroom tiles? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays