Search the forum,

Discuss Anyone got an idea of what I need to do next with bathroom tiles? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

snoobie

Hi guys,
Help very much appreciated here.

I've just bought my first house and after the first two weeks the shower started leaking to the downstairs kitchen.

I removed and regrouted a couple of rows of the annoying 1inx1inch tiles but that didn't work. I've now removed more of the tles and found that they've been put onto plasterboard. I've removed 600 (yeah i counted them) back to where the pasterboard is still firm but a little bit damp.

Looking for advice what to do next, will I need to remove all the tiles and replace with something else? Or can I just get some waterproof board and flll the area and add retile? I'm so disappointed, the bathroom looked new and was a selling point knowing that it wouldn't need doing for a while

Many thanks

Jay

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 59

area tiling

TF
Arms
Reaction score
That's a poor tiling job their mate , not only do the mosaic's not line up but the tiling around the trims is lippy! Take it off and start from fresh either with a tile backer board , or plasterboard tanked with a suitable tanking kit from bal, weber or mapei!

S

snoobie

Haha I know mate, wasn't so obvious before I started taking them down, but agreed what a rubbish job! Any idea what tiles to replace them with e.g. big/small. Issue is I don't know what tiles were used to do the rest of the bathroom :(

D

DHTiling

I see it is over a bath , does the bath flex ? , was it siliconed between the wall and bath behind the tiles. ?

You can repair yes , no need for a rip out if you are happy with the general tiling. It just needs repairing to prevent the leaking etc.

S

snoobie

Thanks for the replies.

Yeah it is a chrome trim in the corner.

The bath flexes a tiny amount when I press down on the rim of the bath,..is that an issue?

The douche has cleverly grouted the floor tiles onto the bath panel so I'm not sure I'm likely to get it off without breaking it :(

area tiling

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Haha I know mate, wasn't so obvious before I started taking them down, but agreed what a rubbish job! Any idea what tiles to replace them with e.g. big/small. Issue is I don't know what tiles were used to do the rest of the bathroom :(
Imo mosaics look great when done right in a shower feature wall , but can you get the same match as what's around the rest of the bathroom , coz am sure you don't wont to have to rip them out as well! Maybe a natural stone looking mosaic to match the wall tile 2x2 , then sealed would look good!

Reply to Anyone got an idea of what I need to do next with bathroom tiles? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hey guys I have a small bathroom but water seems to leak to the kitchen. I realised under the...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I need some advice please. I recently had a contractor in to remodel my bathroom...
Replies
Views
Hello all, After years of abuse, the bathroom needed an overhaul from top to bottom. Out...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen