Search the forum,

Discuss Where's best to get pump sucker pads and 10x6mm trowel for porcel thin in the Tiling Tools | Tile Cutters, Trowels area at TilersForums.com.

O

Old Mod

Virbore make really good suckers I got mine from eBay it lifts 250kg which is more than I can lift so no chance of it letting go
True, however any of them can depressurise and let go unexpectedly, you have to keep an eye on the gauge or marker on the handle. They can loose pressure very quickly if they are not perfectly clean on the underside.

kevsalt

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
and they only work on dead smooth tiles which is the down side to all lifters...wish some company would bring out a compresser atachment for tilers

O

Old Mod

and they only work on dead smooth tiles which is the down side to all lifters...wish some company would bring out a compresser atachment for tilers
Mines for curved glass Kev, allows for the pick up of some textured surfaces. And there are specific ones by Raimondi I think sold for textured tiles. Just regular pump up type.

O

Old Mod

looked at that triple cup raimondi marc ...just wondered if anybody has tried it on mat finish big porcs etc
Harry I believe has used the Raimondi lifting frame, he might be able to give you an insight Kev.
I will say one thing tho, I have one metal pressurised sucker pad and one lightweight one (the one from Dortech) and I found it made a big difference using the lightweight one.
It was much easier, the metal ones are very heavy and placed in the wrong position alter the center of gravity quite dramatically. Plus add more weight to something heavy enough in the first place.
The one I favour is the new one from Dortech and appears to not add any weight at all.
It might sound strange and that it wouldn't be noticeable. Personally I think it makes a massive difference to how you balance a large piece when you're trying to lift it above your head!!

I

Italy

looked at that triple cup raimondi marc ...just wondered if anybody has tried it on mat finish big porcs etc
upload_2017-2-21_21-57-46.jpeg

you mean this?

Reply to Where's best to get pump sucker pads and 10x6mm trowel for porcel thin in the Tiling Tools | Tile Cutters, Trowels area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen